On August 23, Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for
Public Affairs John Kirby publicly announced Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst’s
selection to provide housing, medical support, logistics, and transportation
support for vulnerable Afghans as they arrived in the U.S. The established task
force, coined Task Force Liberty, stood up shortly afterward to support this
Task Force Liberty is a team of Department of Homeland
Security and Department of State personnel, Department of Defense service members
and civilians, resettlement partners and affiliates and non-governmental
organizations united for a common purpose. Each of these individuals embodies
an American force that stands at the ready to answer our nation’s call at all
times. They are ambassadors to our Afghan guests; representing the foundational
principles and core values of our nation.
Task Force Liberty continues to support the Department of Homeland Security by providing transportation, temporary housing, medical screening, and general support for Afghan evacuees at suitable facilities, in permanent or temporary structures, as quickly as possible. This initiative provides Afghan personnel essential support at secure locations outside Afghanistan.
Task Force Liberty focuses on four Lines of Effort to accomplish this mission:
This initiative follows through on America’s commitment to
Afghan personnel who helped us, and provides them essential support at secure
locations, where they and their families can complete Department of State and
Department of Homeland Security processing safely. In support of these
agencies, the Department of Defense is proud to make these accommodations and
services available to Afghan personnel.
Task Force Liberty Public Affairs
Media Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Other Requests: 87ABW.TF.LibertyPA@us.af.mil
Phone Number: 609-253-9233
If there are any issues with in-processing, members can reach PERSCO at (609) 754-3125 at any time.
Disclaimer: The content within this article does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Air Force or Department of Defense. The Air Force does not endorse any non-federal government organizations, products or services.
Editor’s Note: The information within this article is being released on behalf of The American Red Cross, Team Rubicon, Muslim Officers Association of New Jersey, and Jersey Shore Chief Petty Officers Association.
Due to Task Force Liberty policy, individual donations for Operation Allies Welcome are not allowed. Unscheduled deliveries and drop offs to the base will not be accepted (even if the donor has base access).
To continue supporting:
- If you are interested in helping organize a donation drive to donate new clothing or hygiene items, please contact Team Rubicon at email@example.com. Team Rubicon will be coordinating donation drives for clothing and hygiene items until 05 November 2021. Team Rubicon's current highest priority needs are winter jackets, snow boots, and close-toed shoes.
- If you are interested in helping support cultural efforts, education initiatives, equality initiatives, or other special projects, please contact our representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To directly support Afghans at Task Force Liberty, please visit Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/5398KJNCU5VU?ref_=wl_share&fbclid=IwAR18W493XMnHnwqHylroybsh-oApAbwemnSR--oPgZdr87b8R9usQW1McIA
- To continue volunteering at this time we will only onboard individuals with base access. If you are interested in volunteering, please go to this link:
- Those who wish to contribute financially can do so directly to any of the following charities:
For further questions, email: LibertyVillageNJ@gmail.com
The timeline of our Afghan guest’s transition to their new lives is different for each family. Some may have arrangements in places while others may take a while longer. Evacuee resettlement would not be possible without the support of state and local governments, our resettlement partners and affiliates, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, and volunteers.
Before an individual is allowed into the United States, U.S. intelligence, law enforcement, and counterterrorism professionals conduct screening and security vetting. Vetting occurs at the temporary safe haven locations prior to travel to the United States. The Department of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the intelligence community and in line with the current U.S. vetting procedures, approves the manifest of every flight to the United States.
Task Force Liberty-related queries can be directed to the Task Force Liberty Public Affairs team at email@example.com. Media requests for installation access will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will only be approved on a not-to-interfere basis.