CMSgt David C. Snarr is the Command Chief for the 628th Air Base Wing, Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina. He is responsible for deploying combat ready Airmen to Combatant Commanders in support of Joint and Combined operations worldwide. He guides Base Operating Support covering six focus areas: Installation Support, Airlift and Airdrop Operations, Naval Nuclear Operators’ Training, Deployable Logistics, Multi-Mission Warfighter Support, and Inter-Agency Cooperation. He also enables installation support missions including the Harbor Security Patrol, the Transportation Isolation System, and the Cooper River Dredging. Additionally, Chief Snarr is responsible for delivering assistance to 67 Department of Defense and other Federal agencies while providing installation support to a total force of over 90,000 Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Coast Guardsmen, civilians, dependents, and retirees. He manages $7.5 billion in base property and capital assets with an annual budget exceeding $172 million, while displaying power projection across 23,000 noncontiguous acres. Finally, Chief Snarr leads across several installations including Charleston Air Base, which hosts the 437th Airlift Wing and the 315th Airlift Wing, the Naval Weapons Station Charleston, and the North Auxiliary Airfield.
Chief Snarr entered the Air Force in June 1998. He has served in several positions within aircraft maintenance on multiple airframes to include the C-9A, C-130E/H/J, all RC-135 variants, C-146, C-235, C-32B and several commercial derivative aircraft. He has held leadership positions at the squadron, group, wing and major command levels. His assignments include bases in Japan, Arkansas, Texas, Greece and he has supported operations EURO WATCH, JUNIPER SHIELD and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief, 47 Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas.
2003 Airman Leadership School, Yokota Air Base, Japan
2007 Associates Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Associates Degree in Instructor of Tech and Mil Science, Community College of the Air Force
2008 Occupational Instructor Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by distance learning
2009 Master Instructor Certification, Air Education and Training Command
2010 USAF Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2011 Airframe and Power Plant, Federal Aviation Administration
2012 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Air University, by correspondence
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2014 Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Liberty University, Va.
2015 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Inspection Authorization Certificate, Federal Aviation Administration
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by distance learning
2020 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell-Gunter Annex AFB, Ala.
2020 Steering Complex Projects, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
2021 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2022 Artificial Intelligence for National Security Leaders, Sloan School of Mgmt, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1. June 1998 – July 1998, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. July 1998 – November 1998, Student, Aerospace Maintenance Apprentice Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. January 1999 – April 2003, Flying Crew Chief, 374th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
4. April 2003 – January 2004, Quality Assurance Inspector, 374th Maintenance Group, Yokota AB, Japan
5. January 2004 – September 2005, Aerospace Maintenance Craftsman, 314th Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. September 2005 – October 2006, Dedicated Crew Chief, 314th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
7. October 2006 – June 2010, Instructor/Flight Chief, 373rd Training Squadron, Detachment 4, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
8. June 2010 – May 2013, Chief Inspector, Scientific and Technology Fleet, 645th Aeronautical Systems Squadron (AESS), Majors Field, Texas
9. May 2013 – October 2015, Superintendent, Special Access Programs, 645th Aeronautical Systems Squadron, Majors Field, Texas
10. October 2015 – July 2017, Superintendent, Product Assurance Airframe, 645th Aeronautical Systems Squadron, Majors Field, Texas
11. August 2017 – August 2018, Superintendent, Detachment 1, 95th Reconnaissance Squadron, Naval Support Activity Souda Bay, Crete, Greece (August 2017 – August 2018, Superintendent, 21st Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron, Naval Support Activity Souda Bay, Crete, Greece)
12. August 2018 – July 2019, Aircraft Maintenance Unit Superintendent, 592nd Special Operations Maintenance Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
13. July 2019 – April 2021, Senior Enlisted Leader, Air Force Special Operations Command Inspector General, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
14. May 2021 – May 2023, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas
15. June 2023 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 628 Air Base Wing, Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
2003 CMSAF Thomas Barnes Crew Chief of the Year, 374th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
2012 CMSAF Thomas Barnes Crew Chief of the Year, ISR & Special Operations Forces Directorate
2014 CMSAF Thomas Barnes Crew Chief of the Year, ISR & Special Operations Forces Directorate
2015 CMSAF Thomas Barnes Crew Chief of the Year, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center
2016 Lt Gen Leo Marquez Award, Air Force Material Command
2017 Gen Lew Allen Trophy, 55th Operations Group
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant May 2019
(Current as of FEBRUARY 2023)