Chief Nashira D. Stokes is the Senior Enlisted Leader, U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Operations School (EOS), U.S. Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. In this capacity, she serves as key advisor to the Commandant and staff on matters influencing the professional development, leadership, and skillsets to fight, survive, operate, and win in any environment. She ensures the organization meets its charted mission, guiding a team comprised of 335 military, civilian and contracted personnel from 47 Air Force Specialty Codes spanning across the 421st Combat Training Squadron, the 423rd Training Squadron, the 435th Training Squadron and the Academic Affairs Section. The EOS’s cadre of Community College of the Air Force-accredited instructors and leaders offers 81 in-residence and 23 web-based training courses to nearly 40,000 Total Force Airmen and Joint partners annually.
Chief Stokes is originally from Anchorage, Alaska and entered the Air Force in 2001 as a Command Post Controller. Throughout her career, she has held various leadership positions at the wing, major command, and combatant command levels to support special, conventional, and nuclear operations. She has significant joint service experience and has participated in several operations, exercises and deployments in direct support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, SPARTAN SHIELD, and Combined Joint Task Force HORN OF AFRICA.
Prior to her current position, Chief Stokes was the Command and Control Operations Functional Area Manager, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
2006 Airman Leadership School, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
2011 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2011 Associate of Applied Science Degree, Emergency Management, Community College of the Air Force 2014 Emergency Management Institute Certification by correspondence
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I by correspondence
2016 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2017 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Touro University Worldwide, Alameda, Calif. 2017 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxell AFB, Ala 2019 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II by correspondence
2021 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. January 2002 – March 2002, Student, Technical Training School, Keesler AFB, Miss
2. March 2002 – February 2006, Senior Emergency Actions Controller, 355th Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
3. February 2006 – January 2007, Operations Controller, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
4. January 2007 – January 2009, NCOIC, Command and Control Operations, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews Naval Air Facility, Md.
5. January 2009–October 2010, Assistance NCOIC, Command Post Training, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews Naval Air Facility, Md.
6. April 2011 – June 2015, NCOIC, Command Post Training, 633rd Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley Eustis, Va.
7. June 2015–September 2017, NCOIC, Command Center Operations, United States Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
8. September 2017 – August 2020, Superintendent, Nuclear Command and Control Operations, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB, Calif.
9. (October 2019 – July 2020), Superintendent, Command and Control, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid, Qatar
10. September 2020 – August 2021, Senior Enlisted Leader, A-Staff & Wing Special Staff, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB, Calif.
11. August 2021 – July 2022, AMC 1C3 Functional Manager & A3O Senior Enlisted Leader, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. July 2022 – Present, Senior Enlisted Leader, USAF Expeditionary Operations School, USAF Expeditionary
Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service
Medal Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf
2006 Airman Leadership School Distinguished Graduate and Leadership Award
2007 Air Force District of Washington A3/5 Command Post Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2007 Headquarters Air Force District of Washington Outstanding Command and Control Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2013 633rd Wing Staff Agency Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2014 633rd Air Base Wing Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2016 United States Central Command Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2017 Summa cum laude, Bachelor of Science Business Administration, Touro University Worldwide
2018 9th Reconnaissance Wing Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2020 Air Combat Command, Command and Control Operations Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant June 2021 (Current as of July 2022)