Colonel Scott M. Wiederholt is the Vice Commander, U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey. The Expeditionary Center is the Air Force's preeminent authority for expeditionary operations and supports Air Mobility Command’s worldwide mission of providing Rapid Global Mobility to America’s armed forces. With more than 14,000 Airmen, the Expeditionary Center is comprised of the Air Force Expeditionary Operations School, five AMC wings and two stand-alone groups, including 515th Air Mobility Operations Wing, 521st Air Mobility Operations Wing, 87th Air Base Wing, 628th Air Base Wing, 621st Contingency Response Wing, 43rd Air Mobility Operations Group, and 627th Air Base Group. These units span the globe operating 24/7 in 42 locations across 24 countries providing global air mobility support, installation support, contingency response and building partnership capacity.
A native of Remsen, Iowa, Colonel Wiederholt is a command pilot with over 4,600 hours in the C-17A, C-21A, KC-104A, KC-46A, T-1A, and T 37B, including 940 combat hours. His career spans several operational and staff tours from the Squadron, Joint, and Major Command levels where he deployed or supported several overseas contingency operations and humanitarian relief efforts. In garrison, he commanded the 7th Airlift Squadron at Joint Base Lewis-McChord and was deployed to serve as Commander, 816th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. Colonel Wiederholt also commanded the 305th Air Mobility Wing at Joint Base Mcguire-Dix-Lakehurst. He has joint experience at the Military Sealift Command, Washington Navy Yard, Washington D.C. and a Major Command staff tour at AMC Headquarters where he served as Chief, Senior Leader Management.
Colonel Wiederholt entered the Air Force in 1999 after graduating from Creighton University, Omaha, Neb. He is a graduate of the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies at Maxwell AFB, Ala., and the Secretary of Defense Executive Fellows program, where he was assigned to FedEx Express in Memphis, Tenn.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
2004 Masters of Science in Technology Management, Touro University, Calif.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Masters of Science in Operational Art, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Masters of Philosophy in Military Strategy, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Secretary of Defense Executive Fellowship, assigned to FedEx Express, Memphis, Tenn.
1. July 1999 – December 1999, Executive Officer, 1st ACCS, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. January 2000 – January 2001, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Enid AFB, Okla.
3. May 2001 – Aug 2004, C-21A Evaluator/Instructor Pilot, Executive Officer, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. September 2004 – June 2008, C-17A Evaluator/Instructor Pilot, Operations Group Executive Officer, 437th Operations Group, 14th Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
5. July 2008 – July 2010, Joint Logistics Officer and Battle Watch Captain, Military Sealift Command, Washington Navy Yard, Washington D.C.
6. July 2010 – June 2011, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 2011 – June 2012, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2012 – April 2013, Assistant Operations Officer, 10th Airlift Squadron, McChord Field Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
9. April 2013 – May 2014, Operations Officer, 10th Airlift Squadron, McChord Field, JB Lewis-McChord, Wash.
10. May 2014 – June 2016, Commander, 7th Airlift Squadron, McChord Field, JB Lewis-McChord, Wash.
11. June 2016 – July 2017, Chief Senior Leader Management, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. July 2017 – July 2018, Secretary of Defense Executive Fellow, assigned to FedEx Express, Memphis, Tenn.
13. July 2018 – June 2020, Vice Commander, 515th Air Mobility Operations Wing, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
14. July 2020 – July 2022, Commander, 305th Air Mobility Wing, JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
15. July 2022 – present, Vice Commander, United States Air Force Expeditionary Center, JB McGuire Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 4,600 hours
Aircraft Flown: C-17A, C-21A, KC-10A, KC-46A, T-1A, T-37B
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 15, 1999
First Lieutenant June 14, 2001
Captain June 14, 2003
Major April 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2013
Colonel May 1, 2018
(Current as of August 2022)