CMSgt Amy L. Riley currently serves as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 621st Contingency Response Wing, headquartered at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey with additional forces stationed at Travis Air Force Base, California and at various Army and Marine Corps installations worldwide. She advises the commander and senior leadership on military readiness, mission effectiveness and professional development while providing assessments on operational matters. The wing deploys teams of versatile, mobility Airmen disciplined to solve problems in complex environments and build partner nation capacity. The wing's lean force of 1,500 contingency response and advisory Airmen advise, direct, and project airpower…anytime, anywhere!
CMSgt Riley enlisted in the Air Force on April 23, 1997 as an Aerospace Medical Technician. She has a broad clinical background and held several positions within the medical career field deploying in support of OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM and OPERATION RESOLUTE
2001 USAF Airman Leadership School, Malstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
2009 USAF NCO Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2010 Associates in Allied Health Sciences, Community College of the Air Force
2010 USAF Senior NCO Academy by correspondence
2011 First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course
2014 Professional Management Certification
2015 USAF SNCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 USAF Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, JB Andrews, Md.
1. April 1997 - June 1997, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. June 1997 - September 1997, Aerospace Medicine Technical Training, Brooks AFB, Texas
3. October 1997 - July 2002, Aerospace Medical Technician, 61st Medical Squadron, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
(Deployed, September 2000 – November 2000, Third Country National Escort, Al Udeid Air Base, Kuwait)
4. July 2002 - July 2003, Aerospace Medical Technician, 36th Fighter Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
5. July 2003 - June 2007, Emergency Room Shift Leader, 99th Medical Operations Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
(Deployed, December 2004 – April 2005, Contingency Aeromedical Staging Facility Shiftleader, Andrews AFB, Md.)
6. June 2007 – March 2009, NCOIC, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, 99th Medical Surgical Squadron, Nellis AFB,
Nevada (Deployed, January 2008 - December 2008, Embedded Training Team, Senior Medical Mentor, Camp Clark,
7. March 2009 - June 2009, Assistant NCOIC, Family Practice Clinic, 9th Medical Operations Squadron, Beale AFB,
8. June 2009 - June 2011, NCOIC, Ambulance Dispatch, 9th Medical Operations Squadron, Beale AFB, California
(Deployed, December 2010 – June 2011, Combat Medic, 466th Air Expeditionary Squadron, Shindand AB,
9. June 2011 - December 2011, Flight Chief, Maternal Child Flight, 9th Medical Operations Squadron, Beale AFB,
10. December 2011 - April 2013, First Sergeant, 9th Force Support Squadron and Wing Staff Agencies, Beale AFB,
11. April 2013 - January 2015, First Sergeant, 9th Maintenance Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
(Deployed, April 2014 - October 2014, 455th Aerial Port Squadon, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
12. January 2015 - June 2017, Superintendent, Medical Section, 959th Inpatient Operations Squadron, Joint Base
San Antonio - Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas (Deployed, October 2016 – April 2017, Superintendent, 455th
Medical Operations Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
13. June 2017- January 2018, 4N Functional Manager, 959th Medical Group, Joint Base San Antonio - Fort Sam
Houston, San Antonio Texas
14. February 2018 – January 2019, Superintendent, 86th Medical Squadron, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center,
15. January 2019 – August 2020, Superintendent, 86th Medical Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
16. August 2020 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 621 CRW, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1999 Senior Airman Below the Zone
2002 Leadership Award, Airmen Leadership School
2007 NCO of the Year, 99th Medical Surgery Squadron
2008 NCO of the Year, 99th Surgical Operations Squadron
2011 CMSAF James C. Binnicker Top Graduate Award, USAF First Sergeant Academy
2013 First Sergeant of the Year, 9th Reconnaissance Wing
2013 Team Beale First Sergeant of the Year, Beale AFB
2015 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Non Commissioned Officer Academy
2016 SNCO of the Year, 59th Medical Wing, Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland, San Antonio TX
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 September 2018
(Current as of Aug 2020)