Chief Master Sergeant Kristopher K. Berg is the Command Chief, U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. The Expeditionary Center is the Air Force's center of excellence for Rapid Global Mobility and expeditionary Agile Combat Support training and education, while also providing direct oversight for the Global Air Mobility Support System and installation support, contingency response, and building partnership capacity mission sets within the global mobility enterprise. The Expeditionary Center provides operational control of the Expeditionary Operations School and administrative control for five wings and two groups within Air Mobility Command. These units include the 87th Air Base Wing and the 621st Contingency Response Wing at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst; the 515th Air Mobility Operations Wing at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii; the 521st Air Mobility Operations Wing at Ramstein Air Base, Germany; the 628th Air Base Wing at Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina; the 43d Air Mobility Operations Group at Pope Field, North Carolina; and the 627th Air Base Group at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
Chief Berg grew up in Decatur, Illinois and entered the United States Air Force in February 1994. He has served in multiple aircraft maintenance positions throughout his career at squadron, group, numbered Air Force, and major command levels. He has deployed in support of Operations Allied Force, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. Prior to his current position, Chief Berg served as the Command Chief, 502d Air Base Wing, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
1998 Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
2007 Introduction to Special Operations Course, US Air Force Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2008 Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2009 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Joint Task Force Battle Staff Training Course, USAFE Warrior Prep Center, Einsiedlerhof, Germany
2011 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, LeMay Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Advanced Maintenance Superintendent Course, Air Force Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2014 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2016 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Executive Course, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee, Tenn.
2017 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2018 EuroZone/Middle East Update, Alan L. Freed Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
2018 AFOSI Senior Leader Security Seminar, USAF Special Investigations Academy, Dahlgren, Va.
1. February 1994 – April 1994, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1994 – June 1994, Student, Aerospace Maintenance Technical Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. June 1994 – May 2000, Flying Dedicated Crew Chief, 41st Electronic Combat Squadron, Davis-
Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. May 2000 – June 2004, Isochronal Dock Chief, 374th Maintenance Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
5. June 2004 – March 2009, Production Superintendent, 353d Maintenance Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
6. March 2009 – July 2010, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 353d Special Operations Group, Kadena AB,
7. July 2010 – March 2012, Superintendent of Logistics, 3d Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. March 2012 – September 2012, Superintendent, Aircraft and Munitions Contingency Operations, HQ
USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. September 2012 – June 2014, Superintendent, 86th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Ramstein AB,
10. June 2014 – July 2015, Group Superintendent, 302d Maintenance Group, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. August 2015 – May 2017, Command Chief, 437th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
12. May 2017 – June 2018, Command Chief, 502d Air Base Wing & Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
13. June 2018 – Present, Command Chief, Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
1994 Honor Graduate, Aircraft Maintenance Qualification Course
1996 Promoted Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
1996 ACC Maintenance Professional of the Year
2002 PACAF Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Award
2005 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2005 Academic Achievement Award, NCO Academy
2006 AFSOC Tuskegee Airman - Senior Master Sergeant Margaret Frances Barbour Military Award
2007 AFSOC General Lew Allen Jr. Award
2008 353rd Special Operations Group Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Award
2009 353rd Special Operations Group Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2009 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy
2011 USAFE Tuskegee Airman - Chief Master Sergeant Fred Archer Military Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant September 2013
(Current as of Mar 2019)